As we age, our skin and body undergo various changes. Our skin becomes less elastic, wrinkles develop, skin start to sag, dark circles under the eye develop, eye bags become more permanent, the hair turns grey and many other changes as add years to our age.
For this reason, women should be aware that their beauty regimen should be age appropriate. When it comes to maintenance and aging, the beauty products that you purchase should not be a one size fits all. If you do not have any idea about which areas to focus on, here are some age appropriate beauty tips if you are in your 20s, 30s and 40s.
Beauty Tips in Your 20s
- Women in their 20s may still experience skin breakouts once in a while. To help clear your skin, use a toner with salicylic acid. It will help dry out pimples and exfoliate the skin once the pimples turns into dark scars.
- Always make sure to wear a sunscreen everytime you go out of the house even if it is cloudy outside. Use a sunscreen with an SPF of 30 to 50.
- Wash and clean your face with a gentle cleanser twice a day. Make sure to remove makeup thoroughly at night, when the skin starts to repair itself.
- Exfoliate twice a week to remove dead skin cells. You may choose an exfoliating scrub or an exfoliating lotion to clear away dead skin.
Beauty Tips in Your 30s
- Apart from wearing a sunscreen with an SPF of 30 to 50, apply an anti-oxidant serum or cream to help combat early signs of aging.
- Always use a facial moisturizer, body lotion and moisturizing body wash to help hydrate the skin.
- Use eye cream or serum to prevent the onset of wrinkles especially crow’s feet.
- Exfoliate in the evening. The body heals, repairs and renews the skin at night. Exfoliating during this time helps the skin recover fast.
- Drink adequate amounts of water to stay hydrated. Add a slice of lemon to your water to make it more alkaline and for detoxification purposes.
Beauty Tips in Your 40s
- Avoid skin cleansers with petrolatum or mineral oil as they can coat the skin and pores.
- Use skincare products with anti-aging ingredients.
- Use products with topical vitamin A such as retinol to help boost collagen synthesis in the skin.
- When moisturizing the face, make sure to also apply a certain amount to the neck area.
- Never skip on eye cream. If there is one area of the face that you should focus on, it should be the eye area where signs of aging can easily show.
No matter which age group, always remember to cleanse regularly. Always protect your skin from the sun. Too much sun exposure can age you faster and can cause damage to your skin.