Makeup and beauty products can be quite expensive. However, you don’t need to spend a lot because there are many makeup tricks for women. All you need is to ask beauty experts for advice. Here are some of the most popular ones:
- When applying concealer, the right way is to draw an inverted triangle under your eye area. Blend it thoroughly to cover dark circles under the eyes and down towards the cheek area. This will give an illusion of a lifted face.
- Use green concealer to hide an ugly, red pimple then use a Q tip to blot with another concealer with the same shade as your skin tone.
- Instead of contour powder, you can alternatively use two shades of concealers to create contours in your face. Use a darker shade in areas which are naturally shaded and use the lighter one on areas where light naturally strikes.
- For a fresher, radiant look, use orange or peach concealer under the eyes to cover dark circles.
- Create the illusion of thicker eyelashes by applying a coat of black mascara followed by a dust of talcum powder using a Q tip. Follow with a final coat of black mascara. Voila! You don’t have to use fake eyelashes anymore.
- Soften eye liner pencil by heating the tip with a lighter for about a second. Let it cool and apply. This will create the same effect as gel eyeliner.
- Don’t have curling iron on hand? Simply coil a section of your hair. Wrap in aluminum foil and press with a straightening iron. Hold for about five seconds. It will create soft, wavy curls that stay longer.
- To create perfect cat eyes, apply scotch tape at the outer edge of your eyes. Angle it from the lower eye and out towards the temple. Using a felt tip applicator, apply liquid eyeliner on the upper lids as close to the lashes as possible. Start from the inner to the outer base using dash-like strokes. Extend a little on the outer edge of the eyes to create a wing-like effect. Slowly remove the tape once finished.
- To create colored lip gloss, mix a teaspoon of petroleum jelly with two drops of liquid food coloring such as McCormick.
- For a tastier lip gloss, use Kool Aid instead. Mix petroleum jelly and Kool aid. Microwave for 15 seconds. Add a little water and then microwave again for 10 seconds.
- Other alternatives to make colored lip gloss include eye shadow powder, blush powder or a slab of your favorite lipstick. Mix thoroughly in a small container. Add a drop of vanilla or essential oil for flavor and scent.
- To make lips look plumper, dab a small amount of light concealer in the middle of your upper and lower lips. Blend slightly in the middle portion only. Finish with a clear lip gloss.
- Use glue as base coat before applying glitter nail polish. Glitter polish can be very difficult to remove using a nail polish remover or acetone. Applying a glue base coat makes it easy to peel off once you need to change your manicure. However, this trick is best if you only need your glitter polish for a day since it will eventually peel off through time.
Make-up and other beauty products can enhance your looks once use properly. However, it can also diminish your look if not properly applied. It pays to ask the experts for advice or to get their services instead to avoid disastrous results.
Photo credit: jura-photography on Pixabay