Let’s be honest, we’ve all made some kind of New Year’s resolution at some point, promising ourselves that we’d actually hit the gym. But of course, that only lasted for about a week or two. How is it that there are people that actually enjoy going to the gym and manage to stay there long enough to get in a decent work out? Getting yourself to the gym & staying motivated isn’t always the easiest thing to do. With so many people wanting to create a healthier lifestyle, fitness enthusiasts are starting to share their secrets that keep them going back almost religiously. Here are a few tips & tricks to help get you to the gym & stay on track.
- Work out with a partner or friend. As soon as you have someone join you on your daily workouts, it becomes less of a chore. You’ll look forward to each other’s company & companionship. Once you start working out together, it turns into an activity where you can both encourage each other to do better. You’re both responsible for the other showing up & if someone isn’t in the mood to work out, then your buddy will be there to get your head in the game.
- Wear your gym clothes to bed. Once you step out the door & start your day off dressed for a workout, you’ll instantly feel more obligated to set foot in the gym. You’re already dressed, so you have no excuse!
- Take a class. If you’re new to working out or haven’t been at it for awhile, taking a class is a great way to get in shape & make the most of your time. The group energy will get you going & the mob mentality will keep you focused.
- Switch things up. Don’t just keep doing the same repetitive workout. Eventually, the same routine will get boring & you’ll lose interest in exercising. Find new ways to work out a certain muscle group by watching YouTube videos or getting a personal trainer. If you see someone doing something you haven’t seen before, ask them for some tips!
- Track your progress. Everyone likes to see results. There are so many great apps & products out on the market that help you record your progress. If you’re in search of a way to track your workout, Everymove is a site dedicated to helping you find the perfect app or device for your active lifestyle.
- Start off small and build up to your goals. Rome wasn’t built in a day & neither is a fit body. Write down a set of realistic goals that you can accomplish over time. Check out Active and maybe add a marathon or a competition to your list of goals. Once you start to check those goals off your list, you’ll feel even more motivated to stay on track.
- Follow fitness gurus on social media. This one goes along with the whole concept of “Out of sight, out of mind”. The more you fill your social network with like-minded people who want to get fit, the more likely you’ll be to get up off of the couch & hit the gym.
Staying fit & exercising on a regular basis is an important part of a healthy lifestyle. Knowing what motivates you & encourages you to improve yourself is an important step towards your success.
What motivates YOU to get up & exercise?